Sunday, December 23, 2007

News Alert: Women are responsible for global warming!

This story comes straight from the WTF file. The Telegraph reports that a British scientist has submitted a theory about a major contributing factor to global warming --- and it is women. Well to be more specific, women who love men who love (and own) fancy racing cars such as Ferraris. The U.K.'s Chief Scientific Adviser, Professor Sir David King, says that if women did not admire expensive gas guzzling cars then men would not buy them and therefore would not contribute to carbon dioxide emissions.

Uh huh. I... I don't even know what to say to that. Other than it is complete and utter crap. Men do a whole helluva lot of things, that women are not attracted to, like farting and burping, and it hasn't discouraged men from committing these acts one bit. This study's conclusion seems to me to just be all in line with the "don't blame me for my behaviour, blame someone else" thinking that is becoming more rampant. Don't blame the car manufacturers who know exactly the type of effect their products have on the environment. Nor the car owners who drive a block to the grocery store for a quart of milk. Oh and at top speed. Nor those who just like to drive nowhere really, really fast.

It's a pretty damn juvenile argument, I must say. It's the "my dog ate my homework" theory.

1 comment:

Lenoxave said...

Whatever happened to accountability? That word seems to be dead and gone. I can't even believe that someone could release this nonsense w/a straight face! Women seem to be the targets for so much nonsense when we sure as hell are not the problem.

Also, thanks for stopping by my site. MUNI is madness that's for sure.

Danielle

http://notyouraveragecitizen.wordpress.com/