Monday, February 04, 2008

It's Voting Time!

Well the day is upon us where we have a chance to choose our presidential candidates --- and to vote on some other issues that politicians have snuck in early in the year.

Anyway, I hope everyone has as great an employer as mine. My company has given us the green-light to come in as late as necessary so that we may get our vote in. But I really do think we need two new special national holidays, Super Tuesday and Election Day. I know some people will waste it to go on holiday and goof off, but I am so positive that it would boost voter participation. But I have a sneaking feeling that some factions don't look kindly on everyone being able to take part in the democratic process; just look at Florida's and Ohio's treatment of Blacks during the past two elections.

Happy voting!

No comments: