Monday, January 05, 2009

Happy New Year

It's never too late to wish Happy New Year. Happy 2009! We've got quite a few things to get through in the next 12 months: a recession, high unemployment, a shrinking pool of employers due to many going out of business, conflicts overseas costing us billions and billions of dollars, the same for bailout payments to a bunch of overpaid CEO con men who have yet to really pay for their expensive shell game with the stock market. The list goes on.

And all of our hopes and dreams are resting on the shoulders of one guy: Barack Obama. I'm glad that an intelligent thinker like him has made it to the White House to replace the current buffoon and real evildoer who are currently there. He'll bring optimism that we do not have which is well-reflected by the state of our economy. No one is certain about the future leaving one afraid to do anything. We're all holding our collective breath. But Obama alone will not solve our problems.

It's time to stop thinking that the government and big business has got our best interest at heart. Neither one does. Luckily times like these are when special things happen, innovation, invention, self-reliance, independence. And I plan to try to make my mark and do what I can to keep myself and anyone else I can from continuing to be affected by the current market conditions. I'm not the only one to come to this conclusion, which is heartening; I'd hate to think that I'm the only logical thinker in this world. Here's an article about some similar-thinking and creative folk dealing with the same issues.

So what do you plan to do?

No comments: